DNS Probe Finished No Internet or (DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET ) is one of the most common and frustrating occurring error, and it mostly occurs while you are trying to browse the internet in Google Chrome browser. It is one the of the most famous DNS Server Error faced by many Google Chrome users now a days and this error can be easily and quickly solved by configuring the DNS server. So, if you are the one facing this technical error, then this article is written for you.
Today in our this blogpost we will not only show you one method to solve this DNS Probe Finished No Internet error, but will show you different techniques and ways to overcome this big common problem.
The solutions which we will show you in this article to solve the dns_probe_finished_no_internet error solutions works in Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 both desktops and laptops.
Why Does this (dns_probe_finished_no_internet) error occur in Google Chrome?
This frustrating error generally occurs due to a Firewall setting or bad Internet connection. Solving this error isn’t as difficult as it looks. In our this article we will be show you step by step process so that you can solve this common dns probe finished no internet error easily.
Method 1: Change Default DNS Address to Open DNS
In this method all you have to do is change your default DNS server addresses to Google DNS or open DNS. To do this, follow these seven simple steps:
- Step 1: First of all right click on Network icon located in Windows MenuTask Bar.
- Step 2: In step 2 double click on “Open Network and Sharing Center”
- Step 3: Now you have to click on “Local Area Connection” which are presently connected and then click on Properties.
- Step 4: Now select ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ and click on Properties.
- Step 5: When you are done with these all steps, now you have to open new windows tab in chrome, and select the radio button that reads “Use the following DNS server address.“
- Step 6: Now you have to type 220.127.116.11 in the ‘Preferred DNS Server’ box type and 18.104.22.168 ‘Alternate DNS Server’ box type
- Step 7: in this last step check the box that says ‘Validate settings upon exit’ and then click on OK.
Method : 2 Use Command Prompt to solve this DNS error:
First of all you need to open an elevated Command Prompt, Example: (Command Prompt with Admin Rights). When it gets opened, copy and paste the following commands one by one.
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int ip set dns
- netsh winsock reset
Now when you are done with this go and restart your laptop/computer. After restarting, the dns_probe_finished_no_internet error won’t appear again.
Method 3: Clear Browser Cache, Reinstall Your Chrome Browser
How to Clear Cache in Google Chrome Web Browser?
- Step 1: In the top-right corner of your web browser, you will see customize and control button, click on this.
- Step 2: Then click on ‘Settings’ from the drop-down list.
- Step 3: Now scroll down and click on ‘Show Advance Settings’.
- Step 4:, Click on ‘Clear Browsing Data’ under the ‘Privacy’ section.
- Step 5: Now check the boxes in the new window, that says “Cookies and other site and plugin Data” and “Cached images and files” and then click on Clear browsing data. ( You’r all done)
Method 4: Update Driver Software:
- Step 1: Open Device Manager:
First of all you need to press(Win key+ R) to open the run dialog box and then type “devmgmt.msc” and click OK to open Device Manager.
- Step 2: Now when the device manager is opened, then find and expand “Network Adapters“ option.
- Step 3: Update Software Driver:
Here choose and right click on the working network adapter listed there and click on the Update Driver Software option.
- Step 4: Select Driver File:
- Step 5: Pick Driver File
Now in this step you have to click on “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer“.
- Step 6: Select Compatible Network
After picking the driver file, now select the compatible network hardware and click next option to proceed.
- Step 7: Install The Driver And Restart
Now Windows will try to Install Driver Software. When the driver is installed successfully, you will get to see a dialog box of successful driver update. Now all you are lift with is to reconnect your Internet and your problem will be solved.
So these were the four solutions for DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET error and have almost worked out for majority of the users. If these solution doesn’t work for you, let us know in the comments section below. We will try to figure out the problem and will help you out to solve the issue.